WEBINAR: Creating Safety in a Goal-Obsessed World
Creating psychologically safe working spaces is not a simple ‘plug-and-play’ scenario. There needs to be clear intent, with explicit priority, involving everyone.
In safe workplaces:
- people are encouraged to contribute,
- there is an appreciation and desire for diverse views,
- constructive challenge is welcomed, and
- team norms are co-created.
What often gets in the way is the pressure of a goal-orientated and highly competitive world. The expectation is that people "just grow up" or need to “toughen up”.
The benefits of psychologically safe workplaces indicate that it is worth the investment because there is:
- increase in employee engagement
- greater sense of belonging
- decree in staff turnover
- greater resilience and mental health
- high innovation and faster problem solving
- high inclusion intelligence
- increased productivity
Safety in a team cannot be created by the leader alone. It is best created through and by everyone in the team collectively, so that every team's unique constellation of people and work situation is honoured.
Join hosts Refiloe and Klaus, Directors of CRR Afrika, in this webinar in which we will explore systems inspired principles and proven processes that are effective in enabling and empowering teams to create psychological safe workplaces.
16 Nov 2021 at 13:00-14:30 [CAT- Central Africa Time]
You will take away:
- universal principles of systemic team effectiveness
- a process that helps teams find alignment around safety
- ideas of what is working in various organisations
- insights on where to start, even in teams that have low trust or high conflict at the moment.
Click on this ZOOM Link to register. You will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.